PGA Teaching/Coaching Summit
13th PGA Teaching & Coaching Summit [Printer-friendly]
|* Program Overview
* Fact Sheet
* Coaching Takes Center Stage (PGA Magazine, Jan. 2013)
The 13th PGA Teaching & Coaching Summit at Orange County Convention Center in Orlando kicks off this morning (Monday) with numerous educational opportunities for PGA Professionals during the 60th PGA Merchandise Show week.
Carrying the theme, "Where Communication Meets Excellence," the PGA of America's largest teaching forum emphasizes the coaching side of developing players to achieve their goals. Originated in 1988, The Summit features unique and renowned presenters over a two-day schedule.
PGALinks.com staffers Kelly Elbin, Michael Abramowitz an Bob Baal will be onsite during the Summit, providing live updates throughout.
SCHEDULED TO APPEAR
- 38th President of The PGA of America, Franklin, Ind.
Michael Breed (Master of Ceremonies)
- 2012 PGA Teacher of the Year
- Host of "The Golf Fix" on Golf Channel
- President/CEO of Stockton Golf
- 1991 U.S. Ryder Cup Captain and two-time PGA Champion
- 2012 PGA Distinguished Service Award recipient
- (Joined by sons Dave Stockton Jr. and Ron Stockton of Stockton Golf)
- All-Time Record Holder for Wins by a Division 1 FBS Coach
- College Football Hall of Famer
PGA Teachers of the Year
- 2012 - Michael Breed
- 2011 - Mike Malaska
- 2010 - Todd Anderson
- 2009 - Mike Bender
- 2008 - Martin Hall
- 2002 - Randy Smith
- 1996 - Chuck Cook
- 1994 - Jim McLean
Note: A more detailed schedule and times of presentations can be viewed on the Fact Sheet.
Monday, Jan. 21: 8:50 a.m.-8:15 p.m.
At the conclusion of today's program, Golf Magazine will host a reception for all attendees, honoring the latest inductees into the biennial Top 100 PGA Teaching Professionals roster.
Tuesday, Jan. 22: 7:50 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
As a reminder, attendees will have access to the Summit presentations through PGALinks.com. These videos will be available by Feb. 15.
PGA members who attend the PGA Teaching & Coaching Summit will earn 16 PGA Education MSR credits.
Seating for the Summit is on a first-come basis.
Parking is available at the Orange County Convention Center on a first come, first served basis. Parking fees are set by the Convention Center. Click here for information and to download a parking map, click here.
FOOD and BEVERAGE
A continental breakfast will be served each morning (Jan. 21-22) outside the Member Business Center on the third floor of the Orange County Convention Center. Breakfast times are:
- Day 1 (Jan. 21) - 7:30-8:45 a.m. (included in the cost of the Summit)
- Day 2 (Jan. 22) - 7:00-7:45 a.m. (included in the cost of the Summit)
- Lunch will be provided each day, Jan. 21-22 - Noon (included in the cost of the Summit)
Casual golf attire is appropriate.